Thursday, September 9, 2010

All I Need Is. . .part 2


I am reading a book called All I Need Is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans. If you read my previous post on this book I'll have to admit Yes, I'm a slow reader and I've been reading this book off and on. (Thank you Mary for your patience on me returning it. :) ) I highly recommend this book to all ladies! Each chapter is more like a devotion on a different topic and there hasn't been a single chapter where I've thought "I can't relate to this" whether it's selfishness, anger, worrying, etc. One of the more recent ones I read was called "I Wish Life Was Easy". The author talks about how we like to live life without struggles and with the perfect marriage and job and kids and financial stability. The perks in our journey with Christ doesn't mean we won't have struggles but by loving others like Jesus did and serving others we get to be more Christ-like. Our reward is in heaven.

Another chapter that hit home is "I Am Not Sure of My Purpose in Life". The author talks about how we feel we should be driven by a particular career path or have one skill that is unique to us and then we get down on ourselves feeling a lack of purpose. Jesus is more concerned about our character than our career track or having the best personality or looks. We have a clear purpose and that is to follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment